Like many CS programs, we are seeking to fill many positions this year. BUT, we are unlike others in many ways. We have an excellent and growing undergraduate and graduate (MSc and PhD) program that can use your expertise as an educator, a researcher, and a community member.
While our primary search involves a cluster hire in cybersecurity in ALL ranks, we also have an assistant professor position open for ALL areas. In addition, we expect to have at least a couple of visiting positions available.
In encouraging you to apply, I would like to point out a few things that may be of interest to you.
First, we are about an hour’s drive from Oak Ridge National Laboratory, where we have recently established a PhD program (to go along with our multi-disciplinary PhD program in engineering with a concentration in CS). This partnership has been growing over the past couple of years and affords many opportunities for our faculty to do research at the lab. It’s important to understand that ORNL has chosen TTU to establish its PhD program in the State. In addition, we have had a few companies establish a base of operations in Cookeville, TN, including SAIC.
For CyberSecurity, the selected faculty will become members of the Cybersecurity Education, Research, and Outreach Center (CEROC) at Tennessee Tech https://www.tntech.edu/ceroc/:
- NSA/DHS designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (1 of 200+)
- First and Largest CyberCorps SFS Program in the State of Tennessee (1 of 70)
- Community College Pathway (1 of 10)
- Only Cybersecurity Scholarship Program (CySP, formerly DoD IASP) in the State
- Only NSA GenCyber Program in the State
- Partner with Tennessee 3-Star Industrial Assessment Center providing cyber risk assessment services for power assessment clients
- Academic Alliance Partner with DHS in the STOP. THINK. CONNECT! Initiative
- Founder of the Women in Cybersecurity www.wicys.net
- Multidisciplinary externally-funded cybersecurity research program
- Very active Cybersecurity club of 100+ student members
Screening of applications will begin on December 1, 2018; open until filled. Dual bodies are encouraged to apply.
Here is a link to our cluster hire page – you’ll find information about the university and Cookeville on that page. If you would like more information, I would be happy to arrange a time to talk.
Beyond what is in the ad, I just want to add that we are located in beautiful middle Tennessee amidst mountains, lake and waterfalls.
We take pride in the fact that our department is highly congenial where everyone helps each other and places students first.
I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Even arrange a paid visit to campus.
Professor, Computer Science, Tennessee Tech