The Security & Trust Team at Cisco has a few full-time openings. Please send your resume to Jay Koehler (email@example.com) if interested in an amazing opportunity to join a field that is exciting, rewarding and growing tremendously!
What You'll Do
You will work on cutting edge security solutions and gain experience in the latest technologies. Cisco has a diverse spectrum of skills and experience levels doing work that is vital to the security of Cisco products. You will enjoy working on independent and/or team research of advanced topics. We value your input and experience and our team prioritizes collaborative training sessions as well as work/life balance.
Who You'll Work With
Our security team is dynamic, talented, fun, and energetic, and the work is done in a very casual environment. Additionally, there is a mentor program to surround you with security professionals and resources to get you up to speed.
Who You Are
Do you enjoy finding flaws in mission-critical systems? Do you like designing mitigations to thwart motivated and resourceful adversaries? If you have a passion for computer security, enjoy solving difficult problems, and relish working with emerging technologies, Cisco wants you! Global ISPs, Fortune 100 companies, and world governments all depend on Cisco for critical infrastructure and we want the best and the brightest at work ensuring that we keep delivering rock-solid solutions to meet their needs.
Some of the desired skills as well as those you'll have a chance to develop at Cisco in the security team are: (NOTE: do not let this list scare you away! With a good foundational degree, you can learn all of this!)
- Applied security concepts
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Cryptographic algorithm design and review
- Operating system fundamentals and secure configuration
- Virtualization platforms and techniques
- Network protocol analysis and debugging
- Web application security
- Web protocols and basic web development
- Secure development practices
- Application development using a variety of languages
- Penetration testing using a variety of tools
- Reverse engineering
- Custom exploit development
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- C and C++ programming languages and general Linux based skills
- Positions are in Knoxville and Research Triangle Park
- BS or MS Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the work this position will perform and the government customers with which the role will work
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.