Capitol will integrate a security operations experience into its Bachelor of Science in Cyber and Information Security Program. This unique operational experience will better prepare our graduates to protect and defend networks by integrating the required tools and technologies into a CONOPS. Students will be trained and mentored by both vendors, faculty and alumni knowledgeable of SOC operating tools and techniques. Students will receive industry recognized certifications where appropriate and focused experiences with those tools.
Seasoned technologist and educator with over 25 years of solid IT industry experience, both civilian and military. Held challenging positions in education, Information Assurance and Strategic C4I. Recently supported the development of methodologies for successfully planning and developing ERP systems into deployed environments. Doctoral research focused on identifying success factors in fighting organized cybercrime.
- Experienced in strategic IT operations and planning
- Specialties: Network Planning and Assessment, Information Assurance Wireless Networking (3G / 4G and WIFI)
- Contributor to the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework Version 2.0. (FEAF v2)
- Contributor to NIST Cloud Computing Security Working Group Security Reference Architecture (SRA) and NIST-SP 500-291
- NIST Cloud Computing Standards Roadmap, CSFI Review Board Member
- Reviewer Broadband Telecommunications Opportunity Program (BTOP) Department of Commerce (DoC)