This special edition details educational approaches to transition former military personnel into the cyber security field.
What you will find in this issue are 11 carefully selected papers that discuss aspects of how to bring recent military veterans into the mainstream. The articles here represent many avenues of thought. It is our considered opinion that this sort of wide-ranging dialogue constitutes the first steps in overcoming existing hurdles for veterans and it takes the first steps in ensuring that cybersecurity education will evolve into the kind of main tent attraction that we all want it to be.
- Advocacy Partnered with Adult Educational Principles: An Educator’s Personal Ethnography
- An Alternative Approach to Prior Learning and Advanced Placement in Post-Secondary Programs for Veterans: The Canadian Experience
- Citizen-to-Soldier-to-Citizen and Cyber Warrior: Building the Cybersecurity Workforce with Military Veterans
- Conceptual Foundation for UW Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education
- Easing Student Veterans’ Transition to Cybersecurity and STEM through a “Math Boot Camp”
- Journey of a Veteran: Transitional Pathway from Military to Civilian IT and Cybersecurity Workforce through Educational Advancement
- Partnering for a Seamless Transition to Higher Education: Lessons Learned
- Preparing Skilled Veterans to Meet the Market and Growing Demand for Cybersecurity Talent
- Re-Engineering the Cybersecurity Human Capital Crisis
- Systems Thinking Pedagogical Design: Developing a Veteran-Centric Masters Degree In Cybersecurity and Leadership
- VetsEngr: Easing Student Veterans’ Transition to Cybersecurity Careers