The Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education invites participation in a FREE workshop geared towards young professors interested in expanding their publication skills, and increasing the impact of their research and teaching.
May 21, 2021
- Eastern: main session 12PM - 2PM; follow-up discussion 2PM - 4PM
- Central: main session 11AM - 1PM; follow-up discussion 1PM - 3PM
- Mountain: main session 10AM - 12PM; follow-up discussion 12PM - 2PM
- Pacific: main session 9AM - 11AM; follow-up discussion 11AM - 1PM
- GMT: main session 4PM - 6PM; follow-up discussion 6PM - 8PM
The workshop covers the contemporary toolkit for making others aware of your work. Address consideration and management of individual opportunities with h-index, orchid, Google Scholar, Arxiv. Analyze publication quality through eigen factor, writing for international conferences, Scopus, Web of Science. Selecting the right conference, journal, book, or other placement for your work. How to integrate research with collaboration, advancement, and job opportunities. Most important: Bring your questions and experiences to share.
The Editorial Board for the Colloquium will also be soliciting suggestions for how to enhance the publication strategy The Journal of The Colloquium in preparation for next year's journal.
- General welcome / intro
- Details and logistics of the day
- Conversation management
- No breakout rooms
- Rely on Q&A and the hosts will forward questions as they come up, inviting participants to speak
- Questions are welcome and encouraged at any time
- Take away from the meetings
- Key resource notes from the workshop discussion will be shared with the participants
- Suggestions for enhancing the publication strategy of The Journal of the Colloquium
- Individual opportunities to enhance impact
- Orchid and other index sites
- Google Scholar
- Arxiv and other pre-press sites
- Web of Science / Publons
- ResearchGate.net / Academia.edu
- Predatory Journal Awareness, thinkchecksubmit.org
- Analyzing publication opportunities
- Scopus / Elsevier
- Eigen Factor
- Overleaf / LaTeX / EasyChair and other submission templates & methods
- Provide Feedback for enhancing the publication strategies of The Journal
- Index and abstract registry ideas
- Aligning templates for distribution
- Writer and reviewer guidelines
- Open Discussion and Sharing of Ideas and Opportunities
- Any additional resources, strategies, and insights will be recorded and offered along with material covered in the first half of the workshop.
For questions regarding the event, registration, or open calls, please email email@example.com.